Saturday, July 11, 2009

Your Kid Will Beat The Hell Out of You

Duane Hoffmann / msnbc.com


Parents suffer fat lips, broken bones and black eyes at the hands of their offspring.

Excerpt:
“My 2-year-old was fascinated with Pocahontas and decided quickly and loudly while on a shopping trip to a local Wal-Mart that she just had to have a pair of long dangly Pocahontas earrings,” says Gavanditti, 46, of Cleveland. “She was always a very sweet baby and is a wonderful young girl now, but at that time, when I removed those earrings from her tight little grasp, she screamed bloody murder with a spine-curdling ending and ripped the flesh off my right cheek with her tiny little nails like she was dangling from a 10-story building.”

The tantrum continued as Gavanditti left the store (without the earrings). In the parking lot, her daughter “spread out like a 10-foot spider to block entrance to the car and to keep from being placed into her car seat.” She screamed all the way home.

“I came home from Wal-Mart with a bloody face, a black eye and scratches all over my upper arms and chest,” Gavanditti says. “To this day, I tease my daughter about her one and only temper tantrum that almost cost me a trip to the plastic surgeon.”

No comments:

Post a Comment